Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Crisis in Sudan

I saw a sign today that said " Stop Genocide in Sudan". I really have to question the placement of the sign. Im not sure that many sudanese opressors are going to see it here on UNC's campus inside the campus YMCA. (aww com'on. that joke KILLS in Sudan.) The "campus Y", I might add, is quite a misnomer. Not only is it not primarily a "Young Men's Christian Association", but neither is it a place where one can "work out". Rather, it is a convienience store where one can buy all sorts of candy, soda and until recently, cigarettes. It also, aparently, is a good location to encourage worldwide justice. Now, I'm just as cynical as the next guy. You might even say a smidgen more at times. But, how, do you suppose, did this sign suggest to end the genocide? By stopping it. hmmmm... Why didn't I think of that? I have to wonder though... How does the creator of the sign think that we should stop the genocide in Sudan? Should someone fight for the oppressed? I wonder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home