Thursday, January 06, 2005

Next time I see you, I'll give you a wave.

Did you hear about this tsunami? I predict that this will be big. Actually, I heard that they are still finding some survivors, and that yesterday they saved a couple of rare dolphins. I would have saved those dolphins too... saved them for dinner. I mean seriously. I bet the dolphins caused the whole thing. They have been waiting to attack us for a while now.
A lot of people are probably trying to sort out the religious implications of the tsunami. The best one that I heard was that God sent the tsunami beacuse of his displeasure at American tourists in the area. Now, I understand that efficiency isn't a necessary atribute of God, but killing 150,000 muslims to kill 50 Americans seems... like a stretch. Now, surprisingly, this was a Muslim cleric that came up with this theory. I mean come on muslim cleric. I don't claim to have the enlightend view of what this tragedy means, but you are dumb. I think tragedy reminds people that there is something out there that is bigger than themselves. That as much as they want to, they can't control everything in thier lives. People always want to blame God when tragedys occur, but don't give a thought to God durring prosperity. more to come...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home