Friday, December 30, 2005

Happy blue years.

The end of the year. A time to reflect. What have I accomplished this year? Maybe I'll ask, what have you accomplished this year?
This year finds me a little wiser. I feel like I am in a better place. Last new years I found myself still searching for my identity-- trying to find it in acceptance or friends or acquaintences or strangers. It looks pathetic from here, but surely it was part of the plan. Part of what has led me here. What is leading me on.
This year I want to keep my emphasis on how well God knows me. Knows in the biblical sense... Which sounds kinda funny until you consider the words " I never knew you..." spoken to those who certianly thought they knew God. And I am told that the "know" used here is like the intimate way to descibe how a man "knows" a woman. Its like God is saying "I never had any intimate knowledge of you!" or "you are not my bride" perhaps. This will be my focus into the new year. I leave you with a verse that hit me yesterday in a way to pierce me deeply.
I Peter 1:13-16
13 Therefore, prepare your minds for action, keep sober in spirit, fix your hope completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.
14 As obedient children, do not be conformed to the former lusts which were yours in your ignorance,
15 but like the Holy One who called you, be holy yourselves also in all your behavior;
16 because it is written, "YOU SHALL BE HOLY, FOR I AM HOLY."

1 Comments:

Blogger Jamie Michele said...

Happy New Year Charlie!!!

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home