Friday, December 23, 2005

Tacky

Well, Chuck said he liked this kinda stuff and I found some for him.



These were the ones that turned out the best I thought. The pictures are links to bigger versions of the picture. In other news, I am nearly done with Christmas shopping. But I will share with you my shopping adventure of today. I decided last night what gift would be excellent for a family member (because I had seen it and was talking about it) but this was when we (my friend Cory and I) were on our way home. No matter, I thought, it was a popular book (the gift idea) and I should be able to find it anywere... anywhere besides suffolk which is void of bookstores. So I will go to the closest mall (in Chesapeake). They have... 3 small bookstores in the mall. No Borders or Books a Million or Barnes and Noble, but the book stores should suffice. No. The book was all sold out there. No matter, thought I. There is a Books a Million (BAM!) just up 664... across the monitor merrimack bridge tunnel in Hampton. A 10-15 minute drive tops. They don't have it either. Well, i've no choice it seems but to go on to Patrick Henry mall- the mall I was at yesterday- (one of the furthest away malls from where I live) and get a copy of the book that I saw in the same store I saw it in the day before. This is an additional 10 minutes from BAM. I got there just in time and reached for the last remaining copy of this book( on earth aparently) * at the same time as a poor old homeless disabled person who had been saving up all year to buy this bookfor her dying child, to fulfill the wishes of her parents who died a year ago today. Then I bought the book and went home.

*asterisked sections may not have actually happened

1 Comments:

Blogger Chuck Wade said...

Ahh, the joys of Christmas! Merry Christmas buddy!

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home