Thursday, December 22, 2005

Oil Change.

So today I changed the oil and oil filter in my car. Its probably like putting a band-aid on a dead person. So here's a question. How do you people say oil? do you say "oy-ull" or "oll" like in "toll"? I think i grew up saying the former, and have begun to say the later. I know that my friend Tim say "oll". So there's the poll question of the year... which do you say?

Anyway, Being home is kinda nice. I am begining to have theological discussions with my family which is cool. Its something that has not happend before now to my knowledge. This morning we even had a brief bible study. Its kinda neat because this seems more normal for the people at my home church in Chapel Hill, but this is new for me. I like it, and I want to have something regular like this when I have a family of my own. And I don't want to wait until my children are in their mid twenties.

I haven't taken any pictures yet, but Chuck you just wait. I saw some houses today that are just what you are looking for. I had a thought of taking my camera all around town and capturing the essence of Suffolk (something I still might do) but for right now, im not going to do a whole lot of driving around while my car is un-inspected.

In still other news, my scooter is on the mend. My dad has been slaving away at it for some time now, and just yesterday while we were looking at it together we had a breakthrough. I noticed that there was nothing coming out of the exhaust and that this was strange because when the bike worked lots of crap came out of the exhaust... not to mention it was so cold that i could see my breath... so we checked and sure enough, something was clogging the exhaust pretty substantially. When we removed it the bike actually started right up! It idled for a few seconds and then shut itself off. Theres no telling if the problems with the bike are much more numerous or what, but we are definately closer to being done. I think we are waiting for a gas valve or something to come in. either way, I am pumped to think that when i get back to school I will be back in scooter-buisness. That thing is so awesome for short commutes.
All right. thats all for now.
Merry Christmas everybody, and dont forget to say "oil".

2 Comments:

Blogger Jamie Michele said...

"oy-ull" for me

Have a Merry Christmas!!!!

2:57 PM  
Blogger Chuck Wade said...

Yeah, same here. I'm looking forward to seeing the essence of Suffolk... though I'm not sure that's going to smell to good. Have fun in Suffolk, tell everyone hello for me!

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home