Monday, December 19, 2005

the day off.

So today I was supposed to be going to the home of my parents ("Home" for me is Carrboro) for Christmas break.

Supposed to...

Last night I opened a letter addressed to me from the University Cashier's Office. I have gotten many such letters over the course of my UNC college career. It is typicaly beause the Physics department pays for my tuition, however they do not pay the tuition in as timely a fashion as the cashier's office would like. This letter, however, was different. This letter informed me that my registration for the spring 2006 semester had been cancelled. This was, of course, quite a shock to me.
I have come to believe that the fault lies with me and not my department. It would appear that I have a charge on my account due to student health services for some immunizations I got last summer. However, I wasn't prepared for the threats to be real this time because of all the "wolf" crying that has gone on in the past. Also, the reasons were never outlined in the letters. They all non-descriptly say "Contact the University Cashier's Office".

Im sure that this doesn't make sense to anyone else. "Why didn't you just call them?" you'll say. Well, ultimatly I did. Despite getting the letters every semester. Despite finding out that most of my colleagues got similar letters. Ultimatly I finally did call them to find out what the deal was. I suppose the other curious thing is that I don't remeber getting a bill from student health services. Anyway, Now I am still at school waiting for their lunch break to be over so that I can contact the UCO and try to get this straightend out.

I hope to take advantage of the extra time I have here.

Merry Christmas yall.

2 Comments:

Blogger InterestingPhysics said...

Update: So I called and called, but the phone line was busy for hours, so finally I just drove to the building to find out the dealio. I owed ~$160 for student health fees or something and once I paid that I was free to register.... except that online registration for the spring in unavailable. infact it became unavailable on the day my registration was cancelled. Well obviously. That only makes sense. Remove a persons ability to perform a function while simultaneously demanding it.
Fortunatly, the wonderful people that work in the physics office can register me for classes. God bless people who are easy to work with.

2:53 PM  
Blogger Jamie Michele said...

very happy that things are working out for you! hope your day gets better!

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home