Thursday, May 19, 2005

Adventures.

This week I have climbed to the top of a large crane, seen two beautiful sunsets (one from the crane) , had a large Nuclear Accelorator at my control, and tonight, I will see Episode 3 before anyone can spoil it for me. (at least limiting the populous' chance of spoiling it.) Yeah, you won't find me at maddox site today. No sir. Since Grover was speaking of advertisements, I wanted to comment on the slew of Star Wars based ads shown recently. Some are amusing. M&M's is good... The one where the guy wins money and Darth knocks on his door... also funny. Then there is an add I saw last night for the actual movie that rivals "Yoda man!" in terms of anti-cleverness. The promo for the movie showed clips while inserting this text. "Tomorrow... Sith... Happens." This was SO dumb i almost sithed myself. All I can say to George Lucas is "I eat pieces of sith like you for breakfast." Now enjoy the pictures.



I saw this sunset on saturday at Maple View Farms. For those not familiar with Chapel Hill, but familiar with H'burg, Maple View Icecream is like Klines, but they offer this view.



This is the crane that I climbed. I had to take several pictures and sew them together to make this because it was too big to get one shot of it from close to the bottom.



Here I am on the crane. Behind my smile is a dread of heights, and a mind racing with possible explanations as to why I am up here for the authorities. The need for explanations never arose (whew!).



This one I like better than the other one. Thankfully I brought a jacket. It gets quite windy at such heights.



I took many pictures of the setting sun and other things. This was one of my favorites.



Here I am in TUNL (Triangle University Nuclear Lab) as mentioned above controling a particle beam.



Pretty nice eh?

1 Comments:

Blogger Incredibly Fat Man said...

Wow, you are totally twisting nuclear knobs and pulling shiny levers.

I had wanted to make a picture of Darth Vader promoting Tampax after the light saxbor tournament last year, but I was too busy (read:lazy) to do it.

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home