Friday, April 22, 2005

the street value of prevention

Whats that old addage? An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of tar heroine? Its always "tar heroine" it just souds worse for you.
Well the new cure-all as far as I am concerned is raw honey. I was told that because locally made raw honey is made from local pollen, that it lets your body build natural and diplomatic immunity to pollen alergies. "Raw" just means that it is uncooked... and that on mondays it wrestles with other would-be condiments. Well you can't argue with results. Well you can, but I'm not even sure how you would try to do so. Results are usually intangible concepts. Regardless, I, after several spoonings of honey last night woke up this morning to find myself breathing. It seems that there was a slight trade off. I was able to sleep and breath all through the night, and this morning, but I now have quite a tickle in my throat. The feeling like there is somthing there, but it refuses to be disloged. Oh right, they are called tonsils. Anyway, I give a hearty recomendation to local raw honey for you who are suffering from allergies.
Speaking of recomendations, I personally cannot reccomend Claritin or its knock-off. It has the effect of making one feel as though they have been in a dry desert for a week with a large rubber band fastend securely around your brain. the score so far:
Local Raw Honey: 1 Claritin : 0

1 Comments:

Blogger Incredibly Fat Man said...

I've been getting filtered low tar heroine for months now. You know, for my health. I'm not getting any younger, if you know what I mean....eh....eh....do you? Know what I mean? eh...

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home