Tuesday, April 19, 2005

working

So here I sit. It is almost 8 pm as I retake my seat in the student union. I quite fortunate actually. I have gotten a spot near a window, and near an ethernet jack. I don't bother with trying to use my wireless on campus anymore. I have found the Union to be quite nice in terms of personal productivity. Its quiet, there are bathrooms nearby, food nearby, people nearby (but all quiet). You might think the people are a distraction, but I somehow find that having a lot of people nearby to be a motivator. Since i don't know any of them I don't feel the need to go talk to any of them, but because they are people, I feel like I am interacting socially in some way. Maybe that is it. Who knows. Im no psychologist. All I know is that I worked pretty stedialy almost all day today and the "breaks" i took were all intentional and limited. Blah Blah blah. Now I am wasting a bit of time writing this and all. But no worries. I suppose that I should mention...
I have been reading this book "Blue Like Jazz" by Donald Miller.

It is a really great book. It is engaging, and very real. It has almost nothing to do with Jazz so far (and I am almost done with it), but is enjoyable none the less. It is subtitled "non religious thoughts on Christian Spirituality". And like I said before, it is very real. It seem pretty much free of the cliche phrases one tends to hear when talking about spirituality, and offers some really provacative insights. I can't think of a person to whom I wouldn't recomend this book. Christian and Non-Christian alike would both enjoy and benefit from this book. (what, am I trying to sell it?) Anyway, go read that book.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chuck Wade said...

Hey Charlie, I don't have much to say about your post, except that you need to get back to work! I just wanted to say hi since I hardly ever talk to you anymore. Hey, what are you doing this Saturday, Andie's going to be out so maybe we can get together and hang out. (Do the kids say hang out these days?)

Chuck

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home