Thursday, February 03, 2005

How do you do it?

Writing code that is... Not that it is really hard. Its just that there are at 15 gajillion diferent codes. I know so very few and useless verions. I know some python, some fortran, and some other super specialized fortran based varients. But now i have to learn unix. May God forbid me ever having to learn C. Its just so frustrating. It all comes back to knowing how to communicate. i know what i want to say to the computer, but i can't do it. Unfortunaltly, i can't just break up with the computer. At least it can't break up with me... I hope not anyway. Well, whatever.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jesse said...

I just listened to The Falls Lost, and I really like it. Just thought I would share that.

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cut your whining, Charlie. I'm a 43-year-old IT professional who knows a lot of languages. A LOT OF LANGUAGES. Not to mention the years of business experience under my belt.

Yet I've been told that my services aren't that important to the grand scheme, and that after I train my tiny little replacement I'm free to go.

And I'm not that far away, Charlie... Just in Charlotte. So don't think it can't affect you.

Remember, it's all about the bottom line. And if they can find a person who will take $5 per hour to do what you're whining about, they will.

10:18 AM  
Blogger InterestingPhysics said...

ouch anonymous. I wasn't trying to make a statment about CS people. I was whining because on top of having to learn Physics, i must also learn several computer codes. I wonder how whiny you'd be if you had to learn Complex electrodynamics as well as C++. Then I of course made the girlfriend refernece thing... not really that funny, but it wasn't a good day for me. Anyway, I'll be less whiny. (please don't haxor me)

3:56 PM  
Blogger Incredibly Fat Man said...

don't apologize. Anonymous is being a douche-bag. His comments don't in fact seem to have anything to do with your post. Bitter cause he got downsized.

Yes, coding sucks the large hairy one. This is why I fled from the CS department into the warm and loving arms of SMAD.

So what kind of stuff are you writing?

5:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You don't lose your job to a $5 an hour programmer as long as you don't suck. That's all I'm saying.

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home