Thursday, February 10, 2005

The double-edged sword-- of being lazy and being bored.

I'll tell you what. Whoever said that (the title) never told a lie. Im not always like that, but when I am its the worst.

So one or so of you may have seen the Duke-UNC basketball travesty last night. You know, the one where UNC is down by one with possesion of the ball and 18 seconds on the clock, where they don't lose because they missed; they lose because THEY NEVER SHOT THE BALL.
Things that would have felt better:
  • losing by 10 points
  • shooting and missing due to a good block
  • not having been able to shoot due to really good defence
  • a good swift kick to the groin.
Really. I watch Felton go down the court and out-dribble his opponent which gave him an open shot, or an opportunity for a drive and possibly a shot or drawing a foul. But instead, he stand there with his "d" in his hand and lets time run down. Well, the only thing thats worse than all this, is how worked up I got about it. I mean REALLY. its a (bleep)ing basketball game. What the (bleeP) do I care about it? I guess there are worse things to get excited about.

So I am thinking about starting a third party initiative website. The site would be geard toward people who don't like the two choices given to them to vote for, but want more to vote against the candidate they like least, and feel like a third party vote is thrown away. In an ideal world, the website would work in two (maybe three) ways. People wanting to vote third party could get an idea of how many other people feel this way. It would give them more confidence in voting their conscience. Second, I'd hope that the site would match up local people would would vote oppositely in the "waste my vote" mentality, and then, knowing that their votes would "cancel" each others vote out, they could vote for a candidate they actually liked. Imagine that! They wouldn't even have to vote for the same third party. I also think (optimisticaly), that people might be willing to dialouge more in forum like this. I think that especially on college campuses something like this could really be popular. With any luck it it might wake up some of the reps and dems to how disgruntled many are with their leadership (at the very least) I mean come on. There was a first for every great idea. Like the guy who first thought of delivery pizza... or the guy who invented crack. Anyway, for the 5 of you who read this, let me know if im totally nuts or if this sounds cool.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I think it is a great idea!! I would be more than willing to donate my programming skills and some webhosting for the site!

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home