Tuesday, February 08, 2005

almost 5...

Its almost quitting time here, and I am spent. I actually had a pretty decent day today in terms of getting some things done. I probably had a little too much coffee, and I am weary of getting dependant, but we'll see. Today I saw a story about robot soldiers. Not in the future; now. They are basically remote controled mini tanks with sighted machine guns attached. It pretty amazing and pretty scary. I must say that I am glad that they can be used to detonate carbombs so that no one gets hurt, and things of that sort, but I am a little worried about them being used for combat. They would certainly save american lives, so it is hard to argue against them... I guess i am just concerned that it could reduce the impact of killing a actual person to the level of playing a video game. In the story i saw, they claimed that these could be in action if called upon in a few months. Thats pretty crazy. Well until next time...

4 Comments:

Blogger Incredibly Fat Man said...

OH MY GOD! They're making robots to blow up Carbomb? Does he know about this? Is he okay?!

10:26 AM  
Blogger InterestingPhysics said...

i think he'll e ok... for a few months anyway. Tie up your loose ends little buddy (sniff)

1:26 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Reed said...

You guys forgot about Carbomb's master programming geniousness. He'll just write software to make the robots his friends.

9:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Jimmy's got it right...did you guys forget about my 31337 h4x0ring 5ki11z?

I just keeping thinking about Johnny 5...hehe whatta guy!

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home