Monday, May 22, 2006

new firsts

hmm... I was pretty sure that I made a post before I left. The point of which was to tell you that I may or may not post more or less often. But also to tell you about my firsts...
the first first was being caught in the rain while riding my motorcycle.

Fortunatly for me, I didn't have to ride in the worst of the rain. Also I was able (as the picture indicates) to find shelter for my bike while the rain was coming down hardest. God be praised.
The second first was my big bike ride home. It is about 180 to 200 miles from my house (in Chapel Hill) to Suffolk. I made three stops on the way. Two were for gas. One was just to strech my legs. All in all, the trip cost me 4-5 gallons of gas. Pretty nice considering that my car costs me more like 15-16 gallons of gas for the same trip. The weather was very nice for the trip and I finally got accustomed to using my highway bars. (these are extra bars attached by the previous owner spesifically for more comfortable highway riding.) I only got to spend Sat night and sunday morning with my family, but I know that they are close by so I am pleased to have the option to go home any night this week.

I'm sure I'll be posting all week.
-Charles
PS. Oh yeah, Cody (my nephew) had his first big ride too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chuck Wade said...

Just don't have your first "my flesh peeled off my bones because I laid my bike down to avoid hitting a deer" accident. When are you coming home? Do you still plan on stopping by before you get home?

8:20 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Where are you going to be all summer? I want to visit you soon. Good buddy.

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home