Saturday, April 22, 2006

Silent Hill

I didn't know what to expect when I saw the movie Silent Hill. There were a lot of things that impressed me about the movie. I thought the essence of the game was captured very well. Maybe too well. Watching the movie felt a litle like watching someone play a video game. I liked that they incorporated sounds from the game into the music of the movie. This was not some sexed up version of the game. It was very much like the game and had similar suspense and creepiness. Overall, I suppose I would not reccomend this movie to most people i know. Most people I know don't like horror movies and haven't played Silent Hill. I suspect that even fans of the game might find themselves like me laughing at certain parts of the movie that are not intended for laughter. I didn't laugh as much as the crowd I saw it with. Its up to you.
UPDATE: Then again, I've been wrong at least once or twice before.

5 Comments:

Blogger Chuck Wade said...

Oh my gosh, I love that game. I think I gave up on it though because it got too hard. I can't really remember. I'm glad you fixed your site by the way, and made the posts up at the top of the page. So if a guy likes the game and horror movies you would suggest it?

6:56 AM  
Blogger InterestingPhysics said...

but of course.
NOTE: if you use IE to view my blog, then my blog will look funny if i post pictures that are "too big" for an outdated browser like IE. Try using Firefox.
Firefox is an open source browser that is actually faster than IE ( I think) and doesn't use spyware like some browser I know. Its really great for real.

1:22 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Reed said...

I really liked this and didn't laugh at all...but I was by myself, so maybe that's why?

9:23 PM  
Blogger Chuck Wade said...

Hey I downloaded Firefox, it's pretty cool. I wasn't using IE though, just so you know.

5:25 AM  
Blogger InterestingPhysics said...

nice move chuck.
for Jimmy... People laughed at the rope swing (which i didn't understand why the laughter) and at "everythings gonna be all right... Oh my God!" scene. (im trying not to spoil it, i hope you know what i mean). Even I laughed a little at the last one i mentioned. I guess i thought the dialogue was weak in places. A little editing and dialogue changes might have made a better movie for both those familiar and those not.

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home