Friday, April 14, 2006

Dark Matter: Now posting TOO often!

What is the dealio guys? I guess that I get so bored looking at un-updated blogs that I need to update mine more often. So I have had a few firsts with the new bike. I had my first "running out of gas" experience. I mistook it for something worse and it was in fact quite an ordeal. At the end of the day however, I learned somethings about my bike in a rather benign way and for that I am grateful. To make a long story short, I could not restart my bike when it ran out of gas, was picked up about one minute later by another motorcyclist and taken to a bike shop that was closing, went with an employee to tow my bike back to the shop, just to have him start it up imediately and explain that i had run low on gas, but still had my reserve. Had, I the patience, I would tell you the full story, but that might be best left for personal communication. May it suffice to say, I'm not that dumb.
Today I experienced something interesting on two seperate occasions. It was the awareness that I was riding my motorcycle while i was riding it. You kinda get into driving mode and don't think about much while riding except being careful. Its perhaps simmilar but more dull in a car. Anyway, I started thinking about how I will be listening to music less often becase I will be riding the bike more often, which made me think about the fact that I was thinking about something other than riding. Then I thought about riding, but not from the' i need to be safe' point of view- that has started to go into automatic. I was just thinking about the fact that there I am riding on a huge bike at the mercy of the drivers around me, and this made me smile. Its that kind of smile that is somewhat terrifying, and fun at the same time. Perhaps similar to being on a rollercoaster.
Well, I am yawning like i want to go to bed, so I will give in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home