Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Authority...

I, like most young adults, get about half of my news from the Daily Show with Jon Stewart. The rest I get from the internet, blogs, and flipping through the channels. Today I watched Jon Stewart interview a man who used to be an aid for Saddam Hussein. A personal advisor to Hussein. He worked for him for 15 years or so. He has written a book called 'Saddam's Secrets'. In the book, and on the show this man claimed that Saddam was, in fact, hiding weapons of mass destruction up until the US invasion of Iraq (the second one). He claims to have seen them before the invasion, and to have talked to the men who flew them into Syria. This man is also currently the Iraqi chief of security or something like that. He lives in Baghdad. He repeatedly made positive references to america's presence in Iraq. He said that not just he, but everyone breathed a sigh of relief when Saddam was finally arrested. That they knew the tyrany was over and they would have a chance at freedom. I mention this, why? As noted before, we accept the vast majority of the things we believe on authority. We shouldn't learn or believe very much if we didn't. At the very least, this guy has sparked my interest. I think I may check this book out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home