Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Abortion and other trival issues

First and foremost, I would like to make a plug for two things. The links on the sidebar, and the "song for your trouble". I know that nobody has listened to my song and it makes me sad. Its good music people. Good music. A link I will especially plug is the "politcally correct" blog. It is my friend's blog, and while we don't always share the same views, (though we often do) it is a good place to rant your political head off. He loves to hear from all sides, though he strongly advocates his. Anyway, He recently brought up the topic of abortion and its political contents. I and others have posted some responses to his posts. It is worth your time to look at so I will make an extra link just for you.
Having recently heard someone from south africa speak about apartheid, I feel no need to remain politically "neutral" on this(abortion) or other issues. He, fighting against apartheid as a white christian, was often critisized for being "political". As if tacitly supporting apartheid and calling your position "neutral" was not a political stance. Incidentally his largest opponents were comfortable white "christians". I will never understand "complex" stances on an issue like this (like not supporting abortion/apartheid, but saying it should remain) however, Christians need to think about the implications of there being no abortion. About the responsibilities it would create. Responsibility must increase if abortions decrease and babies are concieved at the same rate. Responsibility for someone; if not the parents then who? The church? the Government?
Things to ponder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home