Saturday, February 26, 2005

An Historic day.

Or is it "A Historic Day"? The answer, of course, is it depends on how you pronounce "historic". If you drop the "h" sound, its "an" and if you don't, its "A". Mystery revealed! Well, the Historic day is that I am sitting in the student union wirelessly connected to the internet and I had little trouble doing so. Having had many problems in the past with this, this seems like quite and achievement. Im also pumpped about my new ability to roam without having a powercable all the time. Thats pretty boss. You see, I had no working battery for my laptop until recently, and having gotten one, I am like a kid in a candy store about it. The best part is this amazingly beautiful girl who is sitting across from me. I get to stare at her creepily for hours if I want to and there's nothing she can do about it... except leave. Im not ready to take the next logical creepy step and follow her around. Thats just wrong. peace out.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Mekong Riverkeeper said...

I think the rule is simply if the word begins with a vowel it's "an" and if not, it's "a". That way we don't have to make a whole nother set of rules for people with speach impediments, give them their own country, and then blow them up for some reason to be explained AFTER we blow them up.

6:30 PM  
Blogger InterestingPhysics said...

you don't say "a hour" you say "an hour". Its definatly "vowel sound", not vowel. QED Biatch!

11:27 PM  
Blogger Incredibly Fat Man said...

Yes, but who the hell says "Istory" other than Dick Van Dyke with a cockney accent?

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home