Wednesday, November 08, 2006

say goodbye to a piece of punk rock history...


This was my first bass guitar. It was my primary bass on at least one summer tour, and I used it when recording the sweet bass lix on Pocket Change's First album : Steadfast. I think it might be the last remaining piece of Original Pocket Change memorabilia that we had left... maybe Grover still has some drums or cymbols or something... the point is, that yesterday, I sold it to a stranger. My reasoning is thus: I was only holding onto it for sentimental reasons. I haven't touched in at least 5 or 6 years. I have another bass guitar which sounds better, plays better, and which i use on an almost weekly basis. It seemed silly for me to keep holding onto because it wasn't like some vintage awesome bass, or even a bass with a lot of character... besides the character that it accrued with me. No, It was a Blaze brand, or as Tim liked to call it, the Blaze-o-caster. It was a good bass, but it needed to find a home and be played, and I needed some money and the space. It was a win-win. Thankfully I sold the case too. But don't worry. Like i said, I still have a bass, and I'm still rockin hawt lix.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I "know" a guy who's looking for a bass player. Interested?

10:58 AM  
Blogger InterestingPhysics said...

maaayyyybeee. What kind of music?

8:48 PM  
Blogger Incredibly Fat Man said...

This makes me genuinely sad, but I salute your de-cluttering.

I do still have an original cymbal and the light kit that I used as a cymbal stand. I also have the original bass drum head with all the stickers. If only I could remember what happened to my Atom the Atomic Sound drums...

10:56 PM  
Blogger InterestingPhysics said...

If I may... Grover, it was "Adam, the atomic sound" I remember because it made no sense.

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home