Wednesday, October 25, 2006

A Calculated Risk Taker

So, recently, I have been called a "calculated risk taker". Actually, i was just called a "risk taker" but I made the person recant and turn it into the "calculated" variety. We were talking about how I ran with the bulls in spain, and then she added in the knowledge of me and my motorcycle. I'll tell you though... I am not getting risk taker type action. From the ladies that is. I mean, come on! You'd think they'd be showing up in statistically signifigant numbers... perhaps even staying around. But alas, they do not. maybe its the "calculated" part. Maybe I should just go all or nothing you know? Its just not in me. I am trying to think of other actions that would land me in the "calculated risk taker" (CRT) club... I won't tell you them all. Mulling around peru on my own for a week? nah. At JMU I climbed up into our school's cupola (its a restricted area) late at night a few times. I shot potatos out of a potato gun using a liquid nitrogen bomb as the propellent... until the cops came. Uh... I made liquid nitrogen bombs... a lot. I jumped off a 30 ft. tower into a lake of some kind. I went out into an ice storm with a friend in only my underware to throw a frisbee around. I stood up on a railing and drew everyone's attention to a couple of girls who were cutting in line at Six Flags in GA which turned into a verbal confrontation with them where they threatened me and the rest of the people in line congratulated me. I don't know... those who know me have to help me out here. Or if you are so inclined, leave your own risky behavior tales.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In a period of 7 weeks, I spent the night in the following places:
1. The Stanstead Airport...alone.
2. A complete stranger's house outside of Venice.
3. A concrete slab by a beach in Italy with 3 people I'd met the day before.
4. The Milan airport...with 3 random Canadians.
5. A bus, where I was awoken in the middle of the night by a screaming Spaniard who was angry that I was in "her seat."
6. Several weeks in an apartment with two middle-aged Dutch men...both named Hank.

2:10 PM  
Blogger InterestingPhysics said...

nice.

2:14 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Reed said...

Charlie can we please get together and take some calculated risks soon?

7:12 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

I concur with lamarocket. I'm down for calculating some risks with you and then taking said risks to the n'th degree.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Jimmy Reed said...

what kevin said factorial

11:26 PM  
Blogger Incredibly Fat Man said...

You lived in a christian commune on the scary side of chicago for a couple days.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Chuck Wade said...

Hey man, I may be coming down to use your library next Thursday/Friday. Want to meet up for lunch? Give me a call.

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home