Friday, July 29, 2005

Im back!... in Lima!

Im back in Lima after a week in Qince de Enero de Chilca. I am alive and well.
I will update later.
Peace
UPDATE:
Im coming up on the start of my second week in peru, and its been really cool. Seriously, its like 55 degrees here. Since i have been here, i saw the sun peek out for like 30 minutes, and Im pretty sure that the moon and stars are only visible in the northern hemisphere. I just got back to Lima, after spending the week in neighboring Chilca. Our group was working in the district of Quince De Enero (that´s 15th of January) which the town is called because that is the day it was founded. Wednesday was peruvian independance day, and while watching the Parade in Chilca, the mayor of the town invited us to sit with him and his cronies on the platform. They were all in suits and dresses, while we were all in jeans and sweatpants. It was a flattering and humbling at the same time. Most of the week we were working with the kids. My voice started to give out on the last day, likely due to the 2 hours of singing that I led the kids in. I had 4 groups, at 30 minutes a piece. I will with any luck never have to sing ¿ quien es el Rey de la Selva? again. Naw.. its not that bad. anyway, Now I begin the sightseeing part of my trip with 3 days in lima and 4 days at Machu Piccu and Cusco. As soon as I can, I will post pictures on my site.

1 Comments:

Blogger Incredibly Fat Man said...

Dude. Way to be lazy posting and emailing the exact same text. Just kidding man, I hope you're having a blast.

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home