Thursday, July 14, 2005

What happens when you say "hello"

You meet interesting people. People like Khamil Ali.

While I was getting some new tires put on my car, I said hello to a guy walking by, jamming away with his headphones. He asked if I was shooting pictures for a magazine or something. I said I was just an amature photographer wasting time while my tires were getting put on. Then he decides to give me one of his CD's Now, I didn't want to turn him down, even though I knew that I would likely not be into the style of music he played. ( R&B/ hiphop) Maybe I'll post a song later.

Today, I said hello to a Duke janitor. He was really excited because today he had published his first book. Jimmie's Artwork: Art by Jimmie Banks . This is him and his wife. The smile on his face was so big, that I had to write about it. He was excited to learn that my name was Charles, because his father's name is Charles. Did I mention that this guy was excited?
Anyway, I suggest you say to hi to people. Ask them how they are. Maybe you'll get a free CD?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home