Wednesday, October 15, 2008

You can't beat city hall... But I can.

So today I went to Chapel hill district court for a ticket I received on August 24, for driving with an expired registration. I was doing it out of protest. (naw.. I just never got reminded. turns out if you get married and change your address, they don't forward unimportant notices like 'car registration renewal'.) So I figuratively kicked down the doors of the Court/Post Office and calmly walked over to the metal detector. I met my keys and manly metal coffee mug on the other side unscathed. Finally, at the end of the hallway waited the Assistant DA of Orange County... and her assistant. The AADA quickly grabbed my file and handed it to the ADA. She accused me of going 64 in a 35. Then the AADA grabbed my actual file. Then, as sweat beaded ever so slightly on the forehead of the ADA, she read my citation, saw my registration, and summarily dismissed my ticket, and told me I was free to go.

Now, we'll see if I don't get a notice in the mail of my "court costs", but if that doesn't happen, then to City Hall, I say "take that!"

Also, Jamie and I are having a baby.

Did you catch that?

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I did catch that! Congratulations!

6:40 PM  
Blogger Miranda said...

That is awesome! Congrats guys!
-Miranda

2:28 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Reed said...

WhAAAT! Awesome!

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home