Thursday, December 21, 2006

deal of the century!

Today was a good day. Not only were there no repercussions for sleeping in and not going to work, but I happened to find a great deal. I need somewhere to store my motorcycle while I am gone home so that it is safe from being stolen or damaged by cold weather. I had found a storage locker which was large enough and would have cost $85 a month which i though to be resonable. However, my roomie told me there was another place that is closer to our house which i had overlooked. As it turned out the other place was having a special where your first month of renting the locker is only $10 !! Can you believe it? It actually cost me more money to buy a lock for the locker than the locker itself! The contracts are month to month so if i am out of there by Jan 20, I am all set. Even if I wanted to keep it in there for another month (which would cost $95) it would average out to ~$50 a month for the two months. I can't imagine i'd need it more than 3 months and with all this global warming on, im sure i'll be riding again soon. Anyway, on the heels of this is the news that I don't need to go into work again until the new year. Tomorrow is payday! Now if only i can get my car working enough to get home i'd be totally set. Turns out my alternator is messed up. I went ahead and replaced the battery since the one in there was old pretty dead, but the battery light still comes on so it must be the alternator... no wait... to really be all set, i'd have to set my car on fire and push it off a cliff onto a bunch of terrorists. that'd be sweet. then will all the reward money from killing known terrorists, i'd buy a new car. That would be a christmas story worth starting my own holiday for. Also trying, but failing, to wreck my day (besides my car that is) is my computer. Trying, becuase the mouse button is not popping back up like its supposed to... thats how it starts. First it won't pop up- then next thing you know there's money missing from your dresser and your daughter's knocked up. I've seen it a hundred times. Failing because I have the super dell warrenty that lasts for another month where they will fix my computer even if i tried to flush it down the toilet after having tried to eat it and pass if though my digestive system. I think i might just see about extending that warrenty. So lets see the score: sleeping in; +1, No work; +1, No working car; -1, Having johnny drive me around all day; +1, having to buy a battery for my car; -1, still needing an alternator; -1, Finding the deal of the century; +2, computer problems; -1, having it covered; +2. That makes today at least a +3 day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home