Thursday, September 08, 2005

Its been a while since an actual update....

Hey everybody. Its been a while since I just said what was goin on with me, so now I will. I have a masters presentation coming up in a week and I am a little nervous about it. So basically I just have to give a talk about a double polarization compton scattering experiment. We want to scatter 100% circularly polarized 140 MeV photons off polarized 3He nuclei because such an experiment is sensitive to 'spin polarizabilities'. The 'spin polarizability' of a nucleon is a fundamental property of a nucleon like mass, or charge, only, it is much more difficult to measure. Anyway, i could go on and bore you to death with all the details of the experiment, but I won't just yet. This is what I spend all day either thinking about, or trying not to think about.
In other news, I am auditing a 'social dance' class, and a spanish conversation class. Hopefully committing to these classes will not be so difficult after giving this talk.
My scooter has been out of comission for some time now, forcing me to use my bike and the bus. The bike/bus combination is exceedingly efficient, and in Chapel hill it is free, so I can't complain too much. My scooter is currently being worked on by my dad in suffolk. Godspeed dad.
More ironing soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home