Saturday, September 24, 2005

In suffolk... Happy Birthday Cody!--updated

I got to go out on my folks boat today. It was pretty choppy out there, so we spent 3 minutes boating and 25 minutes trying to get the boat back on the trailer. We finally met the challenge.
Here's my folks! Quite a handsome set you might say...

Captain Dad. Retired Lt. Cmdr. (in the navy for real)


I am home to celebrate the birthday of my soon to be 4 year old nephew. Cody is a cute kid.

Cody-- the power ranger!

Somewhat of a brat, but who wasn't a bit of a brat at that age. My parents say that K-4 is helping him to mature. Thats cool. I racked my brain for a while trying to think of something cool that i could get him for his birthday. He has lots of toys, and I didn't want to get him just another toy you know? I had the thought of getting him a rubix cube. I thought, "he'll have fun just screwing around with it, and then one day he'll realize that its a puzzle and maybe it will help him with problem solving skills... " something like that. I don't know. I haven't gotten him anything yet. If you know what a 4 year old just HAS to have, then you let me know. I know that a rubix cube is too advanced for him, by the way, but that was part of the idea anyway. I'm always doing that. When he was two, I got him the chronicles of narnia for Christmas. I really got it for his parents to read to him, but I think that it would probably be a more appropriate gift now...! wait ! thats it! I will find those books and give them to him again! Its not like they even opened them yet right? It will be funny to me to see if they figure out that I already gave these to him. Even better, I will take a BUNCH of his old toys and wrap them and re-give them to him. I'll probably do this until he gets wise. Alright then. leave suggestions.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jamie Michele said...

Having a 4 year old myself, the best thing to help them out over the next year of life is books, although a little more age appropriate books might be better!!! I am sure Cody will probably enjoy the Chronicles of Narnia one day, but try something more like Dr. Suess or books that are beginner reading books.
If you're looking more towards fun toys, cars always do the job or even Star Wars figures to start his collection, if he doesn't already have them! Anyways, hope he had a good bday!

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

star wars!? that's so gay!! nobody wants to have a kid that's in to star wars/ star trek!!!!

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home