Sunday, July 02, 2006

what's a fella to do?

Friends,
to those of you who have enjoyed all the many months that I have posted on this blog:
I am sorry. I have been deliquent. The truth is that I sit here at my computer with absolutly nothing interetsting to say. You may say " that's never stopped you before!" to which I say "screw you.". But petty bickering aside, There is not much going on in my life of great interetst to the masses, nor worth my time to write about. Nor is there any topic of interest that I have the will-power to bring up at the moment. I get on the computer, check my email, check three online comics (achewood, Dr. McNinja, and The Perry Bible Fellowship) Check the Onion, Check Drudge, Check my email again, Check a few blogs and then spend the rest of my day figuring out why I keep doing this day after day. I want to have like 2 or 4 weeks off of the internet. Then I might actually spend a half hour reading something new at these websites. At least the onion updates with a new story daily now.
And like I said, its not that I don't have topics that I'd love to discuss, its just that I don't have the energy to bring them up. They will be challenged becase I didn't explain them in great enough detail and some comment I made in passing will be used to destroy my argument. All of which could be taken care of in 10 seconds if you and I were having a conversation, but it will require 18 blog posts to finally agree to disagree. All could have been avoided had you only heard the inflection of my voice.
will i give up blogging? probably not. Im just admitting defeat for the moment. I have been worn down by the general refusal of mankind not to rush to judgement, and not to give the benefit of the doubt. to purposefully read someone's words in the most negative way possible instead of trying to understand what they mean and where they are coming from.
Its that conversation you have with someone that seems to be going somewhere until you say "All i'm saying, is that...." and the person responds with "I hear what you are saying but, What i'm saying is ...." . I mean, you can basically write off the conversation right there. The two have reached a point where they have refused to listen to each other and yet continue to make thier own points as if the person will come around.
Thats all blogging is. Its those conversations that don't go anywhere without the benefit of an actual voice or a facial expression.
anyway, I didn't mean for this to go on for so long. Im sure I'll post on something soon. blah blah blah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home