Sunday, February 12, 2006

Watching the game...

Monster dunk by hansboro, just before the half.

Its funny to me how interetsed I have become in watching college baskeball. Not to the point where I know all the names of every player, but where I actually have an interest in the progress of our team. Right now we are up 1 on Miami. Go heels and all that.

I have thought alot about identity recently. Or at least, it has come up. Just thinking about what people find their identity in. Their sexuality, their favorite sports team, their major, their music, their disorders, their religion... As a christian, I am supposed to find my identity in Christ.
Col. 3:3 ,4 "For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory."
I suppose that if my identity is really in Christ- if I am "hidden in Him", then others would suppose my identity to be in Christ also. I fear that this is not always the case. I find my identity in my ability to make people laugh, in physics, in "being smart". Not that these things are bad- just that I make them more primary sometimes. It is evident in the extent I will go to to make a joke that I shouldn't make, or my hesitance admit my beliefs because someone might think I was dumber for them.
May I remember Paul's words-
"Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?... (I Cor 1)"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home